Our cosy tasting room is situated on the Bainskloof Road in Wellington. We invite you to taste and purchase wines in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere with breath-taking views of the mountains and vineyards.
Our restaurant, Duke’s Kitchen, serves all our excellent wines at fair prices, accompanied by casual, home-cooked meals, burgers and pizzas.
If you are a mountain biking or hiking enthusiast, our tasting room is your ideal departure or “wine-down” spot.
- Duke Wine Tasting @ R40 (any 5 Duke wines) – includes a generous donation to StreetSmart
- La Cave Wine Tasting @ R80 (all 5 premium La Cave wines) – includes a generous donation to StreetSmart
- Best of Both Wine Tasting @ R60 (any 3 Duke wines + any 2 La Cave wines) – includes a generous donation to StreetSmart
- No charge to taste our HARI Sparkling Apéritif or Imprint Wines
Tasting Room Hours
- Monday to Friday: 09h00 – 17h00
- Saturdays: 10h00 – 17h00
- Sundays and Public Holidays: 11h00 – 15h00
- Closed: Easter Friday / Christmas Day / New Year’s Day
Duke’s Kitchen Hours
- Wednesday to Saturday: 11h00 – 20h00 A LA CARTE ONLY (kitchen closes at 20h00)
- Sunday: 11h00 – 14h00 A LA CARTE + MEAL OF THE DAY (only 40 meals available; bookings essential before Fridays 18h00 at 066 539 3110 / firstname.lastname@example.org) (pizzas available for take-away from 11h00 – 14h00)
- Closed: Monday / Tuesday / Easter Friday / Christmas Day / New Year’s Day
Wellington Wines is a proud StreetSmart Partner
At Wellington Wines, we are proud to have StreetSmart as our partner in corporate social responsibility. StreetSmart makes a difference to a variety of organisations who, in turn, make a difference in the local Wellington community.
StreetSmart has been in operation since June 2005. All funds raised go to selected and approved organisations that run programs for the normalisation of the lives of vulnerable children in precarious situations.
Our tasting room is the first to participate in the StreetSmart initiative through wine tastings by adding a voluntary R5 to the tasting fee. As a guest, you are welcome to add more.
In 2018, the first beneficiary (“Ma’s for Wellington”) received the funds generated through the Wellington StreetSmart partners. Wellington Wines and the StreetSmart partners continue to work towards a better future.